We appreciate your trust in us, especially during this unprecedented and challenging time for families, businesses and farms.
The rapidly changing economic situations for some of our policyholders may result in financial difficulties as they near deadlines to pay for their insurance and other bills. As a result, many insurance companies have suspended cancellations of policies due to nonpayment of premiums.
We are here to help
JUNE 1, 2020: We are cautiously starting to open our offices. We are limiting the number of employees and visitors in the office. The lobby will be open on a limited basis. All visitors are required to have an appointment and fill out a pre-visit questionnaire. Masks are available for appointments and social distancing will be maintained at all times. Payments should continue to be made via the drop box. (No cash payment until further notice.)
If you have any questions or would like to talk to an agent, please call our offices. We are here for you. Our team is available to serve you during our normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. We are just a phone call or email away! We appreciate your patience as we all pull together to get through this challenging time.
Premium payments can still be made using company websites, by calling our offices with credit card or checking account information or dropped in the vestibule at our Fremont office during our business hours. We will no longer be accepting cash and we ask that you have a check for the exact premium amount along with your billing stub.
Being informed is important, here are some helpful links with facts and tips about COVID-19
Click on the name of the company that your insurance is through to find more information about what they are doing during this time.
Special COVID-19 Personal Auto Premium Refund Program
Due to a reduction in travel across the nation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be providing a 15% premium refund to our personal automobile policyholders for the months of April and May.
This refund will be processed upon regulatory approval in your state.
Manage Your Insurance Needs
We are committed to the health and safety of our associates and agencies while maintaining operational services for our policyholders. Below are the best ways to manage your insurance needs:
Property & Casualty
- If you need to file a claim or need assistance with a policy, please contact your local independent agency.
- You can connect to our system 24/7 via our Customer Center app. Pay your bill, upload and view claims documents, view Insurance ID cards and policy documents.
- You can pay your bill without logging into our Customer Center via Pay Now.
- Our billing representatives are willing to discuss options to assist you such as: defer the minimum amount due, change your due date, change your payment plan or offer a payment extension. They can be reached Monday-Friday from 8:00am-6:00pm EST by calling 1-800-288-8740.
- After-hours claim reporting is available by calling 1-888-252-4626.
Life & Disability Income
- If you need assistance with a policy, please Sprouse Insurance directly.
- Our Life & Health billing representatives have similar options to our Property & Casualty billing representatives. For assistance with a life or disability income policy, you can contact a Life & Health billing representative Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm EST by calling 1-800-346-0346 ext. 51860.
- You can pay your bill from your bank account or credit card via Pay Now or by calling our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system at 1-888-970-0415. Residents of Colorado: Please visit this page for additional payment information specific to your state.
Our dedicated team of associates and agencies are committed to serving your insurance needs.
As always, Foremost is dedicated to serving our customers. You can file a claim 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online or by calling 1-800-527-3907.If you are unable to make your payment on time as a result of COVID-19, please visit our billing center to read about payment extensions.
A message from Grange Insurance CEO and President John Ammendola
Posted on April 10, 2020 (Updated April 29, 2019):
After a thorough evaluation of our auto insurance claims and reduced losses during recent weeks, we made the important decision, at this challenging time, to return a portion of premiums to our personal auto and small business policyholders.
Our personal auto policyholders will receive a 25% payback for the months of April and May. We estimate the total credit impact to be up to $25 million throughout the 13 states in which our enterprise operates.
Our business customers that have a Businessowners Policy (BOP) will receive a 20% payback for the months of April and May as well.
We are taking these actions because it’s the right thing to do during a difficult time for our loyal customers, many of whom have been personally and financially impacted by the pandemic. The dedication to our mission of providing peace of mind and protection during life’s unexpected events has never been stronger. We’ve always been a company that cares about people and we’re taking important and meaningful steps to support our customers during this time.
The premium credits are in addition to the relief Grange is already providing its customers, including offering a grace period to pay premiums for policyholders directly impacted by the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 as well as temporarily adjusting our coverages for both restaurant commercial clients and restaurant employees who have personal auto coverage with us. We also offer customers the ability to manage your insurance safely from home with your MyGrange account or our Grange Mobile app.
Being here for our associates, agents, customers and communities is what matters most. During these uncertain times we are committed to providing you with the same excellent service and support you’ve come to expect – and we thank you for putting your trust in us.
For additional updates, continue to visit GrangeInsurance.com/
Here’s what we’re doing to help our policyholders during this time.
15% Personal Auto Premium Refund For Two Months
Hastings Mutual plans to return 15% of the combined March and April 2020 auto premiums to our eligible Personal Auto customers, pending regulatory approval.
All customers will automatically receive this refund. No action is needed by our agents or customers to receive this refund.
- If the policy is full-pay and does not have any amount past due, the returned premium will be sent as a check to the customer’s address.
- If the policy is paid in installments, and there is an existing premium balance due on the policy, the refund amount will be used to pay the balance. Any remainder will be returned to the customer by check.
Please note that pass-through fees like Michigan’s Catastrophic Claims Association fee are not included in the premium amount used to determine the refund.
We expect to begin distributing checks in late May. Distribution could take up to 14 days.
If you have any questions, please contact Sprouse Insurance or Hastings Mutual at (800) 442-8277 ext. 1572.
As you may already know, we are offering two service enhancements for your policyholders:
- Suspending Cancellations for Nonpayment of Premiums
We realize that rapidly changing economic situations for some of our policyholders may result in financial difficulties for them as they near deadlines to pay for their insurance and other bills. As a result, Hastings Mutual will suspend cancellations of policies due to nonpayment of premium effective Monday, March 23, 2020, and ending Monday, May 18, 2020, in most states, and ending on later dates where state insurance departments have required longer grace periods.
- Restaurant Delivery and Auto Coverage
Hastings Mutual is extending our coverage to auto policyholders with a vehicle being used to deliver food from a restaurant whose normal operations have ceased because of COVID-19. This coverage is normally not part of our personal and commercial auto policies. However, we are temporarily expanding our coverage because of the extraordinary situation. We will continue to monitor this situation and may adjust our extended coverage as needed
We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this extraordinary time for each and every one of us. Read more at https://www.hastingsmutual.com/
Ohio Mutual Announces 25 Percent Premium Credits for Personal Auto Policyholders
BUCYRUS, OH – Ohio Mutual Insurance Group is offering personal auto premium credits on more than 80,000 personal auto policies for an estimated total of $6 million. This action is in response to the abrupt reduction in driving and corresponding auto claims attributed to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Due to shelter-in-place orders across the country, there has been a significant reduction in personal auto losses. In response, Ohio Mutual is voluntarily providing a 25% personal auto premium credit that applies to an 11-week period (March 16 – May 31, 2020) for all policies in-force on May 31. Credits will be automatically applied to customers’ first invoice after June 1. Those with a balance less than the credit will receive a refund by check.
“Our goal is to do the right thing for our loyal policyholders in response to the sudden impact of the pandemic,” said Ohio Mutual President & CEO Mark C. Russell. “We know that many people are struggling at this time, so Ohio Mutual will continue to provide billing flexibility for customers experiencing financial difficulty, and to support vulnerable members of our community.”
In addition to the billing accommodations and personal auto premium credits, Ohio Mutual has recently made significant financial donations to support the work of the Salvation Army feeding program, the Children’s Hunger Alliance, and local healthcare facilities.
Caring for our customers in times of uncertainty
The (COVID-19) coronavirus pandemic is one of the most unexpected and far-reaching events of recent times.
We know that a number of our policyholders may find themselves in uncharted territory as a result of this pandemic. We encourage any policyholder facing hardship to contact our Billing Team at the earliest opportunity to explore what options may be available. You can reach this team at 877.245.2960 weekdays 8 AM – 5 PM.
As a company, we have also taken every reasonable precaution to protect our associates and business partners, while maintaining our commitment to our high standards for customer service. While the working location of most of our associates has changed over the past week, we are still very much open for business — here is how you can reach us if you need us:
Customers can also access many of our services through our website (omig.com) and our 360access customer portal (360access.omig.com). Your agent is also a valuable source of counsel and assistance in times like this.
We wish you and your loved ones the very best as we navigate through these uncertain times together.
Extra support during the COVID-19 crisis
We hope you and your family are healthy and holding up well through the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19). While COVID-19 is causing disruption in our lives and communities, we’re committed to making sure that you have the protection and support you need.
Assistance with coverage and payments
During this unprecedented time, we know you may be experiencing stress and financial hardship. While you’re doing your part to fight the pandemic, we’re committed to being there in your time of need. With that in mind, here are some steps we’re taking to make things a little easier:
Personal auto premium credit
- If you have an active personal auto policy at the end of April, you’ll receive a credit for 20% of your April premium. We’ll offer the same 20% credit to active personal auto customers at the end of May, and we may offer additional credits in the upcoming months.
- There’s nothing you need to do. We’ll automatically calculate your credit at the end of each month, and then you’ll see it reflected in your account within a few weeks. If you have a balance on your policy, we’ll apply the credit directly to your remaining balance. And if you’re already paid in full, we’ll return the money to the payment account we have on file—so please make sure your payment details are up to date.
- This credit is subject to approval by state regulators.
- We don’t want you to worry about losing your insurance if you can’t pay right now. Starting April 1, 2020, we’ll waive late fees, pause collections, and hold off on canceling or non-renewing any active policies due to non-payment through May 15, 2020. Some states have already issued leniency guidelines, so we will adjust this timeline to either meet or exceed any state-specific requirements.
- In the meantime, automatic payments will continue to go through unless you tell us to stop them. And after May 15th, any remaining balance on your policy will become due. If you need more support, please don’t hesitate to call us—we’re happy to work with you to manage payments moving forward.
- We encourage you to make a payment right now if you’re able to. But if you need extra time, please give us a call—we’re ready to help.
- If you’ve already requested billing leniency, please be patient with us. Our systems haven’t caught up quite yet, so you’ll continue to receive bills and your Payment Schedule may not reflect your request.
In addition to helping with payments and coverage, we are:
Supporting first responders, health care workers, and delivery personnel
First responders, health care workers, and delivery drivers are at the front lines of the crisis, and we’re doing everything we can to help by:
- Providing expedited roadside assistance
- Expanding coverage for personal auto customers who are temporarily delivering food or medicine
- Offering meal delivery for our for-hire truckers
- Providing a full-service claims experience for first responders and health care workers who experience a car accident. We’re providing transportation to work and expediting tow and vehicle repairs. And if needed, we’re deferring deductibles and providing a rental vehicle.
Helping customers get back on the road
We know finances might be tight. To help, we’re deferring deductibles for those who need a personal vehicle repaired and can’t pay out of pocket.
Offering tailored solutions
Now more than ever, every customer’s situation is different. Our priority is to keep you covered, so we’re working with customers individually to develop solutions that work for them.
A message from Safeco
At Safeco, the well-being of our customers and employees is always our top priority. We recognize the uncertainty and financial challenges many of you are facing as the nation bands together to slow the spread of coronavirus. To help our customers, we have taken the following actions:
Personal Insurance Customers:
Personal Auto Customer Relief Refund
- Fewer drivers are on the road, which means fewer accidents. With this in mind, we are announcing our Personal Auto Customer Relief Refund, which will return approximately $250 million to our customers. Here’s how it works:
Personal auto insurance customers will receive a 15% refund on two months of their auto premium, based on your premium amount as of April 7, 2020.
- We are planning to issue the refund in the manner you made your most recent payment or by check.
- We will begin issuing refunds in the coming weeks, after we have approval from state insurance regulators.
- Your refund will happen automatically, and you do not need to call us to get your refund.
Payment Flexibility Options
We have automatically stopped charging late fees and have temporarily paused personal auto & home coverage cancellations due to non-payment from March 23 through June 1, 2020, or later as directed by your state.
We are also extending payment dates if needed. Please contact us if we can be of assistance.
Dear Wayne Insurance Group policyholder,
As you know, we all are experiencing a very different way of life in our great nation. The actions taken to combat the spread of the COVID-19 virus have caused many to experience financial hardship.
As a mutual insurer, Wayne Insurance Group strives to provide its policyholders with quality products and fair, fast claims service at a competitive price. At this unusual time, we believe additional support needs to be brought to our policyholders. Therefore, as part of our ongoing efforts to assist our personal auto policyholders during this crisis, we will be issuing you a 15% credit on two months of your policy premium. Since we are all staying home more and off the roads, the reduction in accidents allows us to take this action and pass these savings on to our policyholders.
Insurance is a regulated industry in Ohio so this credit must be approved by the Ohio Department of Insurance. Once we have received regulatory approval, if your personal auto policy is in force as of close of business May 31, 2020 you will receive a billing credit on your next invoice. If you have already paid in full, a check will be issued to you unless your policy renews within 45 days. If your policy will renew shortly after May 31, the credit will be applied to your renewal. No additional action is required of you to receive this credit.
As an Ohio-based company writing business only in Ohio, Wayne Insurance Group and its employees are dedicated to giving back to our local communities. To provide additional support at this time of need, we will also be donating 20% of the total amount of this personal auto credit to several area healthcare and service organizations and to every foodbank in the state of Ohio.
Our company is committed to helping our policyholders recover from this pandemic and we stand ready to assist you at this difficult time. If you have been financially impacted during this challenging time, please contact our Customer Service team at (800) 222-3873 to discuss payment options.
Also, if you have enrolled in our Wayne PolicyPlus online portal, you can view your policy Declarations pages, submit a claim or make a payment online safely from your home. You can enroll at https://www.wayneinsgroup.com/login. O
Other ways Wayne is helping
Just like you, Wayne Insurance Group is continuing to monitor our nation’s response to the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We want to assure you that our company and our independent agents are here to assist you as best we can during this difficult time.
We know that some of our policyholders may be financially impacted due to the pandemic directives, and we would like to help should you need us. If you are financially impacted during this challenging time, please contact our Customer Service team at (800) 222-3873 to discuss payment options.
Our company and our agents are continuing to provide the same level of assistance to our policyholders as before the current situation. As always we are assisting in the following areas:
- Providing policy documents, taking payments or submitting a claim. Remember, if you have enrolled in our Wayne PolicyPlus online portal, you can view your policy Declarations pages, submit a claim or make a payment through the portal.
- Answering your questions. Our Customer Service team is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 800-222-3873 to take payments or answer any questions you might have.
- Reporting claims. If you need to report a claim, your first point of contact will be your local Wayne Insurance Group agent. If for some reason our agent is unable to assist you, you can:
- Submit your claim through your Wayne PolicyPlus account
- Submit your claim through our website
- Call us anytime at (800) 222-3873
Thank you for trusting Wayne Insurance Group with your insurance needs.
Premium Relief for Personal Insurance Auto Customers
Life changed, and the country and our customers made changes to keep families and our communities safe. Staying home and off the roads means fewer auto accidents, and that’s a good thing. At Westfield, we believe one good turn deserves another. Westfield Personal Auto customers will receive a 15 percent credit of their eligible monthly auto premium* for the months of April, May, and June 2020. Customers with an active Personal Auto policy as of April 30, 2020, will receive the full credit to their account in the month of May 2020.
We’ll take care of the paperwork; you won’t have to do a thing. Altogether, Westfield is returning more than $16 million dollars to customers.
* Subject to regulatory approval
Have questions? Here are some commonly asked questions and their answers.
In addition, Westfield will:
- Continue to offer flexibility for payments from customers facing difficulties from COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, we have suspended all cancellations and late fees from March 20 through May 31, 2020 or longer if required in individual states.
- Provide coverage to customers with a Personal Auto policy who are engaged in delivery of essential goods, including food delivery. Any personal auto policy language that excludes coverage for delivery of goods will be temporarily modified through June 30, 2020.
- Waive the limit for Additional Living Expenses for customers who have experienced a claim that requires them to relocate from their residence where repairs are delayed as a result of business closures and other servicing difficulties associated with the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent state shut down orders. This limit will be waived for claims occurring through June 30, 2020.
- Waive the limit for rental reimbursement for customers who have an insured vehicle in for personal auto repairs as a result of a claim and repairs are delayed as a result of business closures and other servicing difficulties associated with the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent state shut down orders. This limit will be waived for claims occurring through June 30, 2020.
Caring For Our Customers
We understand you may face financial hardships directly related to impacts from the coronavirus and we will work through billing options with you – we’re here to help.
Billing options for financial hardships
- Please give us a call at 800.243.0210, option 2 and talk to one of our customer care representatives between 8:00am – 8:00pm EST to discuss your options.
- We are suspending all policyholder cancellations until May 31, 2020 or as directed by each state. Extended payment plans may be offered to those policyholders.
- As of March 20, 2020, late fees will be waived through May 31, 2020, or as directed by each state.
- Additional information for our Colorado Customers can be found here.
- Additional information for our Oklahoma Customers can be found here.
- For easy 24×7 access, You can check the status of a claim, pay your bill and get your insurance information via your My Westfield account.
Coronavirus: coverage questions
- During this unprecedented time, you likely have policy questions. These are the most common questions we’ve been hearing.
- Things have changed but we do not expect any impact to our daily operations, such as Claims.